Tuesday 20 March 2012

The email ........ Are you Well and Happy

How long can you stare at a screen???    I suppose it depends on how bored you are but in my case I have simply gone into a state of shock.  If I am truly honest I always expected it would eventually come but that's because I am a glass half full kind of girl.  Well actually woman, now although I still feel like a girl particularly at this moment as I am staring at the screen. I have to blog about this you know, apart from blogging is a passion of mine,  as I sometimes actually believe that people are interested in my life, I actually dont know what to do. 
Its a cliche........  the love of my life has sent me a message. Do I thank God for social networks at this stage or not......it depends on what happens with all this.   Anyway I havent heard from him for over twenty years. I am actually angry, excited, intrigued, upset and happy all at the same time. Is that possible?
What does he mean 'am I well and Happy' why should he suddenly care after all this time? Its a short message really...  not giving much away ....
'My mother died recently and she told me you had written me a letter.  I didnt receive it as I was in Italy with my wife and two children   (TOO MUCH BLOODY INFORMATION) but I have often thought about you and wondered how you are...... If there is too much water under the bridge and you dont answer I will understand   .......Kevin
Oh you see he has a wife and two children,  does he live in Italy now? what is going on with him, what does he want from me.
Yes I did write him a letter, spookily it was when my mum passed away a few years ago. Dont ask me why but he was the only person I wanted to see or speak to at that time. I was hurting and hating the world so I wrote to him. Probably wanting closure on our relationship which hadnt happened. He would always be the one who got away .
When he didnt answer I thought that was it and it just added to my misery. But hey Life goes on...... He has caught me at a vulnerable time. I too am married now with two children but not entirely blissfully happy in fact not happy at all.  But 16 years is a long time with someone and I have tried to make it work.  This has truly upset the Applecart that is my life.... If I dont answer I will always regret it , but I know if I do answer I may not be responsible for my actions. Time out for now as my mind starts to drift back to 1980.

No comments:

Post a Comment