Wednesday 21 March 2012

The morning after...............Match score 4-2

The morning after the night before. I woke up with Sharon.... no readers, the night did not take on a lesbian turn. I eventually dragged myself away from Kevin at some unearthly hour, we had ended up back at his room, his roommate had stayed out, and I needed to ensure Sharon did not turn up and catch me in our room with her beloved Kevin.   So we had our first brief night together, I wont go into details but it wasnt a disappointment. We kind of blended together, both mind and body and I realised that something amazing had happened to me. 
So readers, I returned to my room where Sharon was snoring away oblivious to the fact that I had spent the night with the man she had set her sights upon. Not very sisterly you may be thinking but sometimes your heart rules your head or at least that was how I justified my actions to myself. I knew he wasnt interested in Sharon and probably never would be.... he teased her mercilessly and she somehow took this as a 'sign'. Anyway we both got up to play netball !!!!!   and guess what we lost 4-2. We were rubbish really, although looking back at the photo's I did look quite fetching in my netball top and little skirt which was probably just as well as I intended to keep the attention of Kevin away from all his other admirers.
I cant really remember much about the football game, I am sure Kevin looked great in his kit too and although the boys also lost their game, I will always remember Nottingham fondly. I sat on the grass waiting for half time, holding Kev's belongings, like the cat who had got the cream. I had broken away from the mundane small town I had grown up in, and the feeling that overwhelmed me at the time was that the world was my oyster. Yes its another cliche but I knew we had something special and somehow fate had brought us together. I am a great believer in fate by the way, but you must be brave in making your choices.  Had I chosen the right man, only time would tell but one thing I would say is if you ever have to question love, are you in love? is he the one?  will it last? then the answer is probably no. I had no such reservations, but with that faith, is also fear. No one wants their heart broken do they???  You make yourself vulnerable and thats a scary thing.  Still this was 1979 and I was the happiest I had ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment